“At this New Moon, plant a seed for the Universe to tend,
Set your Intentions upon the Stars”
WHAT IS A NEW MOON
A new moon, traditionally, is a time when we set our intentions. We’re starting a new cycle of completion, so it’s really fun to look at what planet the new moon is in every month and to set our intention with what that planet is ruling.
WHAT’S SO SPECIAL ABOUT THIS NEW MOON?
We have a new moon June 5, and this new moon has been called the most important New Moon of the year! The luminaries from a grand cross, this new moon is all about communication.
3 CHALLENGES FOR THE NEW MOON:
Just think “new beginnings”. Let go of everything in your past, and start fresh with this New Moon. The energy of this new moon is in Gemini — Gemini is very playful and likes to play both sides of the coin. It’s also about your ability to communicate and express yourself in a way that others listen and you are heard. It’s all about avoiding miscommunications — I know Mercury retrograde is over, but this New Moon in Gemini is still affecting the area of communication! I feel it! Do you?
You will be challenged to:
Listen to Others: A huge part of communication IS listening. If you don’t listen to others, others aren’t going to listen to you. It also helps you understand what the other person is trying to communicate to you. Listen to HEAR, not to REPLY!
Learn New Things:
In order to start new projects, you may have to learn new skills to complete them.
Communicate how you feel with love and from your heart center, and in a way that that others hear you.
Life is not all work and all play, it’s a balance of both. It’s about balancing the joy and playfulness of life with your goals and intentions.
For this month, focus on those areas. Write your goals and set specific intention to work in harmony with the energy that you have available.
HOW WILL THIS NEW MOON MAKE ME FEEL?
Geminis have been called in the past “very flighty”. They change their mind they talk about different subjects. With the new moon in Gemini, we’re probably going to feel very scattered and all over the place rather than able to focus. With it ruling communication, I want to suggest some crystals for this new moon.
7 HEALING CRYSTALS FOR THE NEW MOON
I want to talk to you about setting some intentions and doing some rituals around the area of this New Moon, more specifically in communication.
Now, a lot of my clients will say I communicate just fine. If something is bothering me, I just communicate it. Well, communication and having a balanced throat chakra is about just that: balance. I mean, are you overly expressing yourself and not able to listen? Are you communicating in a way you will be heard?
Here are my crystal suggestions for the New moon. The nice blue stones go with the throat chakra. The throat chakra governs communication. They will also help with feeling scattered.
Blue Lace Agate
HEART CHAKRA STONE:
Expressing yourself with love and from your heart is important in fully being heard. It’s helping you to not express yourself in a reactive way. The heart chakra stone I suggest for this new moon is:
HOW TO DO A NEW MOON RITUAL
So in your New Moon ritual, I’m going to suggest that you:
- Set the space, set your space. Whatever that means for you. For me, it means essential oils, being in front of my altar or outside, depending on the weather. It means playing music that touches my heart, that touches my spirit. It means being in a quiet place where I’m not going to be interrupted or distracted.
- Write down those intentions and get very clear with those intentions, because the Universe hears our intentions. We want to make sure our intentions aren’t coming from a place of fear, but a place of love.
- Grab those crystals. Be in that energy. Set the time to really connect and meditate with them.
- My favorite part of the ritual is to burn the intention. Setting it out is very symbolic. It’s saying to the Universe: this is my intention, it’s done, it’s complete, it’s out to the Universe and now it’s going to be happening.
3 Affirmations to Burn for the New Moon
- I find myself writing easily 3 times a day or what that looks like for you.
- I express myself in a way that I am easily heard from others.
- I understand when other people are communicating with me, the message they are trying to get across.
Those are just some ideas that will help you with your writing.
New Moon blessings, crystal blessings!
Set those intentions, and I hope you have a fun New Moon Ritual.
“Now a lot of my clients will say I communicate just fine. If something is bothering me, I just communicate it. Well communication and having a balanced throat chakra is about just that. Balance, I mean are you overly expressing yourself and not able to listen? Are you communicating in a way you will be heard”?
“We don’t want to express ourself from a place of anger or a place of reaction, or a place of defensiveness because if we’re coming from those energies, we’re not really being heard. And we really want to be heard and to be effective at communicating, you need to be heard”.
“The biggest communication problem we have is we do not listen to understand.
We listen to rely.”